9/6/20

Decorating With Fall Plants

Oh the love I have for plants. Being in my garden brings me complete joy! I love looking through Pinterest for ideas almost as much =). The image above is what I found whilst looking for Fall window box ideas. Isn't it heavenly? I love the berries and cabbages most! I went to my local nursery to look for goodies. Below are a few things I found. As soon as I saw those taller purple plants and read their NAME, I knew I needed them. They're called Black Pearl......HOW PERFECT IS THAT?????? They are a type of pepper plant so the black peppers (pearls) look great for Halloween time. I also knew I wanted cabbages so I picked all the other plants to go with those two. 

Pansies were fiiiiinally making themselves known at a few nurseries and I hit the jackpot at one of them! I grabbed orange, mauve and (my favorite) the deepest of dark purples called HalloweenII. I also grabbed peppers, potato vines in various colors, a maroon grassy plant called Alternanthera (purple prince) and some silver Helichrysum Icicles.


Here they are all planted and put into the window box. I added a few white pumpkins for good measure as well. Soon there will be a boarded up feature across the window and a certain menacing creature in there with the plants. I can't WAIT to share that one with you!!!


I bought three pumpkin plants this year and planted them on the side of the house. They didn't yield a huge crop this year but BOY were the ones big that decided to grow. I can't wait to use them all around the house. Something I like to do with pumpkins is buy a few from a pumpkin patch that are DARLING (i.e blue, white, silver etc) and save the seeds for next year. That way I have them for next year.

This is one of my favorite things that I've started doing this year. I take pig fencing, clip the desired length and width to make an awesome arch. I use four pieces of rebar on each side of the fencing so that it stays strong. I plan to do this to a few window boxes as well. Here I used a climbing Black Eyed Susan (an annual here in Utah). Watering everyday but SOAKING them once a week has really made them take off and meet in the middle. A lot of my inspo comes from Pinterest. Here's my "Go Play Outside" board where I post wonderfully scrumptious ideas for planting. Here are a few that I've drooled over (including the very first pic).











 




No comments: