10/17/19

Wicked Witch of the West


“I’m through accepting limits ‘cause someone says they’re so. Some things I cannot change but till I try, I’ll never know.” Ever felt that way? You can’t do this, you can’t do that. I believed that because I was told I couldn’t do simple things, that I for SURE couldn’t do big things. I would shy away from the unknown a lot thinking it was BIG and I couldn’t do it. Fear kept me from practicing, from messing around in the makeup world because surely it wasn’t how “they” did it. Who’s they? Movie set makeup artists? Ones that went to school? YouTube gurus? I’ve always felt under qualified and sometimes still struggle with that. But I have been looking at myself in the mirror every morning and, along with other affirmations, I’ve been saying “You are good at figuring things out. You are great at teaching yourself a totally new one to attack a project. You are creative and YOU can achieve greatness.” It is CRAZY cool to start feeling differently about my skill set after just a few weeks of saying this everyday. When I started Elphaba (but since I haven’t seen the musical 🙈 I’m going off the Wizard Of Oz) I though, that’s funny that I’m using water activated paint and if someone were to dump a bucket of water on me the whole look would be ruined! And if someone dumped a whole bucket of water on her she would also be ruined! So I thought, how genius it would be to have drips coming from my face like I’m melting? I thought I was a genius! Like no one had thought of this before! Until I went to YouTube and saw so many people have already done it 🙈. But what do you think? Did that take away from it being “my idea”? Totally interesting thought right??? I came up with it all on my own even though others had done it. I’m going to own my genius and my excitement that I felt to do it. And I’ll own the model pose at the end 😂😂😂. I thought it was cool what my fave looked like after I took off the liquid latex. 🤓🤓🤓





Products used:

No comments: