10/11/19

The Bucketlist Family

I had the opportunity to transform the famous Bucketlist Family for the Halloween Party at Disneyland! I had so much fun with this. Check out their take on the Lion King below:


Look at that sweet face! When we first talked about @caligee's costume, we knew it had to be special. We knew he didn't like to have random things attached to his face,hands, feet, belly, legs, fingers, nose... So, I found this cute onesie and had my friend @devri_rae attache the tuft of hair/ yarn to the top and these ears that I took off of a headband. ( I don't sew..at all) We triiiieeddd to get him to wear the cuffs and wristlets that Sophie wores for one of our family pictures, but you guessed it!

He wanted nothing to do with them and asked with a big "pweeeeassseee" to have them taken off. He did suc a good job with me putting his makeup on! Sat in daddy's lap while we distracted him with a cute little nursery song.

I used a smidge of Endura makeup with my airbrush (cheeks and forehead) and Mac cosmetics gel liner. Ladies and the two gentlmen that follow me, behold the KING of the jungle!!! Simba!


This sweet boy has the most tender heart and the CUTEST face. I didn't think it could get any cuter until I applied his hyena nose, then I died! I used Endura paint with my airbrush from @lastlooksutah. For shading, black eyeshadow.

When I was thinking about costumes for the whole family, I wanted them to feel as if they would wear these pieces on their travels and add embellishments. This cute romper already belonged to @manilla and I knew it would be perfect to add some patches and bones too. The bone necklace was handmade as well as his ear headband.

I went to Joanne's for the hair patches and we spiked the JUNK out of his hair. I give you, ED the hyena!


Dorothy melts my heart. She was so reserced and shy at first. I showed her the costume (which was my favorite to put together) and the more I kept pulling out, the more she smiled. I think she liked it. 

I had SO much fun looking at pictures of Zazu's coloring and picking out textures to suit this birds needs. I found everything on Amazon. The feathers on her legs were supposed to be on her wrists, but were too big so we improvised.  I cut the tulle skirt to be a bit more like feathers. 

Her makeup was also by Endura bought at @lastlookutah, NYX white liquid liner and Urban Decay 24/7 liner around her eyes. How darling is @dorothygee as ZAZU?




There wasn't any decision making that needed to happen about who Garrett was going to be. He IS Rafiki! I didn't want to go super cartoon with this character and I know the costume could have gotten out of hand. 

I wanted Garett to feel free in his movements, but still feel totally done up with the fam. I asked him to bring these specific pants, since they worked so great as the shape for Rafiki and I got him his shirt (Amazon for the win). The beard I knew was going to be a statement piece, so I had to make it big and out there. I got the material at Joanne's and embellished his staff with things I bought at Hobby Lobby. 

I handed it and my designs over to @mocreations_ and BOY did she deliver. Sadly, he wasn't able to take his staff into the party, but at least we got some good pictures with it. 
I will say this, I was STRESSED about @garettgee's makeup. I had so many inspiration pictures, but they were all sooo different. I practiced the day of and just went with my gut.

I used an eyeliner pencil to first sketch everything out, then used my Endura alcohol based makeup with my airbrush and filled in the spaced I had drawn. 

We also took some hair color in a can for the top and sides of his hair to create the Rafiki. I am SO happy with how it turned out. 

The look on people's faces as we passsed was just so rewarding. I know you've all felt that before right? Complete and utter anxiety about something, then having a rush of relief and happiness when it's all done? It was THE best feeling. I give you the wise, the wacky, the only.. RAFIKI!



The mastermind planner. The one who organizes and gets all things together. She is so prepared! This time, we took her to the dark side of all those traits. The schemer, the planner... Scar. 

If anyone any been here awhile, you'll know that me doing Scar on myself (honestly on a whim) was what started all of my transformations.So this one, I had done a few times and it had a special place in my heart. Jess is no different. 

So much fun to be around and a widly talented business woman, mom, friend and wife. She's aces! I remember in the beginning being shocked at some pretty big things we had in commom. We both met our husbands in Siberia while serving missions for The Church of Jesus Christ. Our husbands both played college soccer for BYU and BYUI, they are both graphic designers, we both speak Russian and have quite a few of the same friends. I mean, we are kind of meant to be besties. 

I digress.. @jessgee and I chatted back and forth about her outrageously fun costume. I will say this is one costume that I couldn't see her wearing in real life or in their travels. She was a sport! 

I wanted her to be the most non-recognized member of the family. Her piercing blue eyes looked amazing with her long black wig and black and orange accents. All of her costume pieces come from Amazon except the skirt and cuffs. 

Ready for a funny/ not so funny story? It took me forever to find a faux fur mini skirt that matched my specifications. I wanted it to be a mini skirt, it had to have some give to be getting up and down and sitting on Disney rides and it had to be well textured. I finally found one ona specific site, and it was a bit higher in priced than I wanted, but still in my budget. 

I ordered it and excitedly anticipated the arrival knowing it was one of the LAST pieces I needed before the big trip. It finally came, I was so stoked to see it. I opened the box and my heart went into my toes. I asked my husband to come over and look. 

Before opening the box, I said "This is the skirt for Jessica that I've been waiting for. It's going to be REALLY hard to see what might be wrong with it, but see if you can see it."

Anticipation filled the room as I slowly opened the box, "They're running shoes". He said confused. "I KNOW!" I shouted (think Monica on Friends). "What the junk?" We both just stared at them for awhile before closing the box and making a plan for what I should do. There was NO time to order something else since that one had taken an unusually long amount of time to even get to me. 

I lamented to my good friend through Marco Polo and by the end of the night, she Marcos me back showing me this skirt that she had made me in under an hour. It was perfect and met all of the requirements! And, it was a whopping $17 to make! 

She even had material left over for cuffs. I am forever in your debt @5littlemoosen. Jessica's makeup is all airbrushed using Endura.


A huge shoutout to the amazing crew at Last Looks Utah for all the product reccomendations,  tips, tricks and training. I am so grateful to you guys. Also, to the Bucket List Family, thank you for making this experience everything I hoped it would be and more.

You are a kind, hilarious and driven family full of purpose. Can't wait for next year! What do you guys think they should be?



No comments: