5/9/16

Jen's Breakfast Burritos


This recipe has to be one of the top if not THE top requested dinners in our family. I don't know why but breakfast dinners aaalllllways sound good to me! Again. I am not the leanest of cooks....or girls lol, so this may be a meal that you can cook sparingly if you are watching the scale. The "innards" as we lovingly refer to them freeze beautifully so that you can just grab them out for a quick meal. Okay, let's get out all of our ingredients.

- flour tortillas (any size and however many to feed the fam that night)
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Sausage (natural with no MSG)
- 4 cups frozen tater tots
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 4 cups shredded cheese divided (I use Cheddar)
- 6 slices bacon (I use Costco's precooked bacon)
- 2 Tbsp Oil (I use avocado oil)
- mayonnaise (optional....but encouraged lol)

Preheat oven and cook tots according to package directions (you may also use hashbrowns if desired).
 I always do this first because tots can take quite a bit more time than the rest of the ingredients.
When those are about half way done, start to brown up your Jimmy Dean sausage.
In a mixing bowl combine eggs, sour cream and a 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and mix well. Transfer into pan and cook just like normal scrambled eggs.
As your sausage is cooking, microwave bacon then slice up and add to the sausage.
Once eggs are done, add them to the meat mixture and blend.
In a bowl crunch up cooked tater tots and add to the innard mixture. If I am cooking for a large group and KNOW that I will be using up every last bit of innards, I add the rest of the cheese (more if desired) to the mix. If I know it will go into the fridge or freezer I skip this step.
Assemble burritos my spreading the thinnest amount of mayonnaise (optional) on tortilla to help the mixture stay together. Spoon innards inside, top with cheese (if you didn't add it to the mixture) and roll. Pre-assemble all burritos and place on a plate.
In a separate pan pour in oil of choice and coat pan well.
Fry up them burritos and enjoy!!! I like to use a lil sour cream to dip each bite in.....remember I didn't say it was lean lol!

Now the innards will make a total of about 12 large burritos and about 16 small burritos if using the smaller tortillas. I usually only make one burrito per person since they can be quite filling and freeze the rest of the innards. One other great meal that you can make with this is breakfast quesadillas. Pour oil in your hot pan, place one tortilla down, place some cheese down, spoon in mixture, top with a little more cheese and the second tortilla and flip when its ready. Super yummy!
There are so many things you can add to these delicious morsels.
- green onions
- white or yellow onions
- sweet peppers
- tomatoes
Hope you guys enjoy this as much as we do!
xoxo
Jen

No comments: