8/4/14

Super Heroes UNITE!!!



When sweet little B told me he wanted to be Superman for his birthday I was blown back, literally. I think I was crouching down to hear his ideas, he sat on my unstable lap and I fell.....but had TONS of ideas hit me all at once that THAT could have been the reason too!!! Oh the ideas for all of the things they would do, eat, learn etc. I think he told me this at the beginning of June and by mid July I was ready to throw him the best super hero bash that I could muster. Both of the boys have about a bazillion dress up clothes (very manly) so their costumes were taken care of. Mine? I can't ever get a super hero girl costume that isn't smutty and totally immodest, so I knew I would have to use existing clothes and just modify them a touch. The boys were more than willing to help me so I had them draw, then cut out white stars for my skirt. I made the cuffs out of tin foil and this amazing headband (Pinterest inspired) out of thick sheets of felt and an obliging headband. I LOVE how it all came together!!!




We decided to have all the kids come as super heroes and told them to be ready for training. First we had a laser course set up in the basement (genius idea on my part since I didn't want the upper levels of the house to get trashed). They needed to rescue poor, defenseless animals and bring them back to safety.




 I love this pic of my oldest. It looks like he's got awesome dance moves he's bustin out LOL!!!


The animals brought back to safety!!! And for being such good rescuers, each hero got a Superhero Sucker =).


 Next, each hero needed to work on their x-ray vision by seeing how close they could pin on Superman's cape. This was super fun since all of them got pretty dizzy lol.



When the kids were done with their suckers, we went out for a refresher course...flight school! Each kid (I only chose a few of the nine kids that were there so I wouldn't have a nine page post)





I seriously loved these and was pretty impressed with some of their poses =D. My oldest really wanted to be a trainer for one of the rotations and I told him what I had planned and that he could do whatever he wanted that we hadn't already done. He was SO excited to be Captain America and thought the best thing he could do would be to teach them how to throw his shield. The back of these boxes are pretty random but this kid colored paper to make them look like bricks on the front so kids could bash through them with the shield!!! Genius....and SO bugged I didn't get a pic of the front! But here are some of the more awesome throws after he taught them some tricks =).



The evil mastermind that has been threatening our fair city seemed to have snuck in during this last activity and planted BOMBS all over the grass!!! Luckily as soon as I told the heroes about this, they were ON it and squashed all of them in NO time!!!


 After all water balloons....I mean, bombs were safely squashed we thought we might take a break......until......


 The evil villain has been SPOTTED!!!! Aaaaaaand he may have borrowed things from the hostess he didn't ask for (insert me blushing that nine innocent children are about to see my husband in MY unmentionables!!!!)


 He came out of nowhere and challenged all the super heroes!



Little did he know that I had already armed our heroes with all they would need to take him down.



 And were they EVER ready for the challenge!!!


 Down villain, DOWN!!!


Birthday boy's turn.
With the villain defeated, in jail and the city safe again, it was time to take a much needed rest and replenish with some yummy refreshments.


 Invisible Punch will always give you a boost of electrolytes (and not be sticky lol).


 B's fav snack is Cheetos so I knew this was a must. I printed out comic pages on our printer, made funnels and filled them with said snack.


 Kryptonite Krispies were a hit! Even Superman was able to eat these since I mixed up the ingredients a bit to leave out Kryptonite =).


 Cake colors were picked out by the birthday boy so, of course, it was blue frosting, red cake mix and sprinkles with the same colors.


Love that curl in the front!
Here are a few more extras from the party including set up, goodie bags, presents and a mini photo booth set up for everyone to pose! We had such a good time and can't wait for further adventures next year!


 To make decorating more manageable, I sectioned off a smaller part of the basement and started making my faux buildings.


 These were all around the basement and looked like the skyline of Gotham City =).


Had a few of these hanging from the ceiling with fishing line.






Love how these goody bags turned out. SO much fun to make!!!



1 comment:

Douglass Family said...

Such a darling party! I need to pin some of these ideas for future fun parties for my boys! Totally impressed!