4/16/12

Katy Perry Blue Look

I used to be SO obsessed with getting all the magazines I could from the drugstore and reading every single word in there. I would pour over who was dating whom, what people were wearing, what their bodies were looking like those days and just loving all the gossip. Slowly but surely I noticed a dissatisfaction with who I was dating (didn't measure up to the "perfect movie guy"), what I was wearing and for SURE what my body looked like! When I finally realized (with the help of a loving hubby) maybe it was because I was constantly comparing myself to these seemingly perfect people I decided to take action {heeYAW!} I quit my subscriptions and I stopped buying them in the store for a month straight (baby steps right?) IT WAS SO HARD!!!! Silly you may think that it would be but it SO was!!! I found myself saying, oh but I just need this one for the pictures, look there is a look I need to do! Needless to say, with a few slip ups, I have stayed strong ; ). Do I still love to see pretty pictures? SURE! But I can grab Vogue or InStyle for an occasionally flip through. On a recent trip to Walmart my hubby saw a small picture on the cover of US magazine and was like,"Jen, this is your next look." =) I figured after three years of not buying on a regular basis I could deal with just one and I DO love it! (Cue Full House type music cuz here comes the moral of the story) remember to love who you are and NOT what society wants you to be. I myself have a problem with this but the more I talk about it the more I will realize that it's something to combat. Be happy with your size and instead of trying to be stick thin {yuck!} be StRoNg!!! Be healthy and be original. Speaking of original watch me copy Katy Perry now LOL!!! Remember to watch it in HD.



No comments: