3/29/11

Color Explosion!!!

Spring 2011 gives us an infuse of color the likes of which we haven't seen in years. Most seen colors on the New York runways of fashion week? Bright blues,  bright chartreuse (is there any other kind?), bright pink, bright reds...Are you seeing a pattern??? 
*BRIGHT* 
Whites, tans and golds were also thrown into the mix whilst incorporating these bright colors. Look at these yummy images below to see how this trend plays out in clothing and makeup. 
Makes me think of Gidget movies from the late 50's early 60's...well maybe not the head piece...
(image from Vogue)
All shades of red are welcome, but look below for SHOCK value!
(image from Vogue)
(image from Vogue)
(Sean Cunningham for HB)
Shocking blue can be found on all types of accessories.
(Sean Cunningham for HB)
(Sean Cunningham for HB)
Hot pink is fantastic and also very daring. If you can't commit to the brightness in a large way try it out on your lips first. My fav?  Girl About Town from MAC.
Chartreuse may be a color I have to lightly tread into. My goal this next month? Find one way I can incorporate this bold color into my wardrobe. I think it DoEs look pretty fantastic with that tan!
 (Sean Cunningham for HB)
Without QUESTION I heart white! I am even changing my whole ROOM to have white bedding, large white flower arrangements around the room and I LOVE me a great white T with jeans!!!!! I absolutely love these flowing frocks of yumminess and want them like yesterday!
Tan.
Oh the warmness and chicness of tan. You just can't go wrong. Well, maybe you can...

And last but not least GOLDS. 
 Who doesn't love to sparkle and shine? Find an excuse to sparkle sometime this month and if you don't have a reason MAKE one! Have a girls night out and have everyone step it up a notch. Sometimes I get tired of reserving my cute little dresses for Sunday and wear them out when everyone is in jeans. THAT'S OKAY! Rock a look and have fun with it. If you're looking for a fab eye color to go with your sparkle, brush on some MAC Motif (looks gold but has a pink pearl shine to it) and out you go!

No comments: