4/4/11

A Dose of Daily Glow

 Every Monday I feature tips from the dailyglow.com. Dr. Jessica Wu is an amazing dermatologist to the stars and has so many tricks up her sleeve they just HAD to be shared with the ladies at Classy. Today she tells us about a homemade cookie foot scrub =). She writes:

I admit I have a weakness for Girl Scout cookies, and I can’t resist buying a box (or several) when I walk past the cute little girls selling them outside my local supermarket. My favorites are Thin Mints, which I keep in the freezer. I know, they’re high in sugar — but I try to limit myself to one or two at a time, and not every day. Plus, I like supporting the scouts in my neighborhood.
While cookies are not part of my Feed Your Face diet, cookie scrubs are featured in Chapter 11, titled “Food on Your Face: Food-Based Ingredients and Easy Recipes for Make-at-Home Remedies.” Your feet have been trapped in shoes all winter, so why not make this foot scrub to help get them in shape for spring? (It smells just like Thin Mints!)

Peppermint Patty Foot Scrub
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- 5 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, minced
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)

Mix thoroughly and massage into your soles, focusing on calluses and rough patches. For best results, first soak your feet in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes, or use the scrub after a bath or shower. Follow by applying a rich foot cream. Repeat every week to keep your feet soft and sexy.

1 comment:

The Nowell's said...

This sounds amazing!