2/10/11

I've Been Meaning To...

POST!!!!! I feel like I haven't in ages and I've been meaning to. Let me paint you a picture (as I try to type as quietly as humanly possible so as not to wake the "brood" in my room). I lOvE getting your emails and hearing from you in comments. I try to respond as often as I can and the pattern has been: respond, unpack a box, respond to another great email, unpack another dreaded box. Then... sickness hit. Both of my boys came down with awful coughs which soon went straight to their chests (ps we are still waiting for insurance to kick in help!). The next day my oldest came home sick with a tummy ache on top of his cold and today they both woke up with pink eye. One has it in BOTH eyes!!! I am desperately trying to keep clutter from happening around the house as "welcome to the neighborhood committees" come by (SUCH great neighbors!!!), have dinner ready for my hubby when he walks in (just cuz I think it's cute), bathe the children often to ease their suffering of congestiveness (it's a word right?), keep them from touching their eyes, washing clothes like crazy (AND the toys) and being so worried about them at night that I am not sleeping...AT ALL!!! Literally have been up the past week checking on them often (my youngest always seems to be on the floor by about 3am without fail) and they both just can't stop coughing. It makes me want to cry. I usually kick/lovingly nudge my hubby when he starts to snore. But I feel so badly that he might not be getting sleep that I just let him snore because it let's me know he is getting a good REM cycle and WHO CAN SLEEP WITH SNORING???? Not me. So if any of you live in Utah and have seen me frantically running through the medicine aisles without a stitch of makeup, bags from no sleep, a cold sore from stress and bloodshot eyes I apologize. Not a pretty sight. Back to me typing quietly, I have set them up little beds in my room so that I can just look over at them instead of getting up and going all the way to their rooms. I pray this will end, that the Lysol will last and that I can get a Valentine tutorial up because I really DO have a cute one in mind!!! For now I will direct you to Nicole for a great Valentine's Day hair tutorial and I am going to sleep...I hope! Sorry for the personal post but I had to vent and you guys are so great I didn't think you'd mind.

7 comments:

Brook said...

Hope your kids get feelin better soon the crud has been going around my house 2 guess it's just a Utah thing:)

Anonymous said...

oh that's terrible, nothing worse than sick babies, I hope they get well soon. totally out of left field but this is a little homemade remedy that has worked great for my kids & hubs for years. boil about 3 -4 cups of water (depending on how much you want to make), cut up some ginger, throw it in, simmer it for about 10 mins, you know, very tea like, honey and lemon. it cuts through the cough in a matter of minutes. so much better than store bought stuff. best of luck !!

Tracy D said...

Wow that is rough, hope your kids are feeling better & this ends for you soon!

Mary Boyd said...

Sorry to hear about your struggles, but as you know this WILL pass. Take care, get sleep, and stay healthy!

The Nowell's said...

Oh no...I am so sorry that all this is going on for you! (((HUGS)))I hope everyone is feeling better soon! Please rest too!

Jordan said...

I'm sorry there's sickness at your house. We're in the same boat at our house, but with different sicknesses. I hope it gets better soon.

Mrs. Smith said...

I'm sorry about the sickness. One thing I've found that kicks the cough is delsym. It comes in different flavors and really does work! Its become my new best friend whenever I get sick so I won't keep the hubby up when he has school at 6 am!