Homemade Brush Cleanser
Monica asked how to make homemade brush cleanser. You can buy one from Mac for a little over $10....but you can make your own for soooo much less!!!!! Pictured here are the items that you will need. The brush cleanser bottle from MAC is ideal to use again for your homemade cleanser so DON'T throw it away!!! You will need:
- 1 cup bottled or distilled water
- 1/4 cup alcohol ( I use 99%) This will be your disinfecting, sanitizing & antibacterial agent
- 1/2 TBSP dish soap (if it can cut grease on your dishes, think of the grease on your brushes)
- 1/2 TBSP gentle shampoo (I used baby shampoo)
- 1 TBSP spray leave-in-conditioner (not cream) to condition bristles
Stir GENTLY!!!!! You do not want the soaps to start foaming or to sud up. After it is all mixed together pour it into your container and there is your inexpensive homemade brush cleanser.